Love is in the air! What says romance more than strawberries and champagne? Well Cupid has brought these two together, to make a sweet little Valentine’s Margarita baby.
- 1 cup of hulled strawberries
- 3/4 cup champagne
- 3/4 cup tequila
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup triple sec
- 1/4 cup simple syrup
- Sugar for rim
- Puree strawberries until smooth.
- Combine strawberries, champagne, tequila, lime juice, triple sec and simple syrup. Stir until well blended.
- Rim edges of your glasses with sugar.
- Pour margaritas over glass with ice.
This was a tough one to master. After making this Margarita, and my experience with the Champagne Margarita (http://seekarita.com/recipes/) I don’t think I will be attempting anymore Margaritas with Champagne… They just don’t mesh well together in my opinion. I was finally able to achieve the correct ratios for each ingredient and it actually turned out pretty good. Strong! But good.
This recipe makes 4 servings. Don’t worry, plenty of leftovers for you and your hunny. Even better- one glass, two straws!